A trademark gives a unique identity to any item or service. A trademark can be a logo, slogan, photograph, colour combination, sound, word, smell or graphics. Company can patent its trademark to protect. A registered trademark is your business’s intellectual property because no other competitor on your identity can sell your product or provide service.
- The registration of a trademark is done under the Trademark Act 1999. If you have registered the trademark of your business, then you can sue someone who has copied your trademark. The law in jurisdiction also allows the owner of the registered trademark to prevent unauthorized use of the mark.
- The registration period of the trademark is valid up to 10 years it can be renewed again after the date of expiry. The trademark will not be removed by the registrar if an application is made in the prescribed form along with fee and surcharge within 6 months from the date of expiration.
Documents Required for Trademark Registration
- Name, Address and Nationality of the applicant
- Application form
- Soft copy of trademark to be register
- Trademark entity documents
- List of goods and for which registration is required
- Date of first use of the trademark in India
- Power of attorney to be signed by the applicant
Types of trademark
- Image, symbol, monograms or
- Name (such as – surname, personal name, signature etc.)
- Sound or
- Numerals, letters, or alphanumerical, logo or
- A word (any arbitrary dictionary word or inventive word or coined word)
Benefits of Trademark Registration
- Once trademark is registered it will be protect for 10 years.
- There is no need to spend much on its registration and it remains valid for a long time at a low cost.
- No other person or company or other competitor can use your trademark and can’t take advantage of your name.
- It gives a distinct identity of your business which helps you to build goodwill
- Trademark inspires the positive image of the business by which customers choose your products or services in the name of your brand.
- If you patent your trademark, it becomes an intangible asset for your business.
How Can Dial on Financial Service Help You?
Dial on financial service’s team can help you in the Trademark registration. We will try our best to provide you a good service. We provide services at very low price compared to other service provider.
We are here for your happiness guaranteed DOFS is your happiness which means we stand by our product and services 100%. No matter what, no question asked, no hold barred, no ifs, no end, we will solve it.